The Tenth District Volunteer Fire Department was organized in May of 1951. Our first station was a single
bay wooden barn type structure. It was located to the rear of the now Heating and Air Conditioning Building at the corner of Bicknell and Marbury Run Roads in Marbury. The department operated out of that building from 1951-1953.
In 1953 a new station was built on Bicknell Road about a quarter mile from the
first station. In 1990 a committee was formed to locate a piece of land for a new station.
The committee was searching for a piece of land with a more centralized location
in the primary response district. It was at that time our current station location was selected and in 1993 construction was completed on the building that the department now calls home.
7035 Poorhouse Road, Pisgah, Maryland.b n
Over the years our vehicles have improved tremendously with the original engine being an open cab used army pumper, proudly referred to as "Mighty Moe".
Since that time we have added several engines, brush units, boats, squads, ambulances, several utility vehicles to the
current apparatus fleet
Our department is basically one whole organization. However, we have found that having it broken down into three operational
divisions it can be ran and managed more effectively. They are the Fire Division, the EMS Division, and the Marine Division.